The Telegraph has reported on the creation of the Small Business Taskforce – a group of organisations, including The Entrepreneurs Network, who have come together to champion SMEs in the UK. The Taskforce is key to protecting British businesses as it offers ministers a “sounding board” so they may understand how new regulations will effect businesses before they come into place. The Taskforce was created at a time of great change as Britain gradually prepares to leave the EU and the new government establishes itself, but it offers stability and a voice for millions of workers involved in SMEs around the UK.
The Taskforce’s open letter to ministers outlines the five central issues it wants to tackle:
- A flexible workforce including ensuring EU workers already in the UK have long-term resident rights
- A workable tax regime with small businesses consulted about any proposed changes
- Accessible business support
- International trade for all
- Consultation with small business
Read the full Telegraph article here.